Rui YanPhD student
School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology
Office: Room 2003, CSE Building
Email: ruiyan _at_ njust.edu.cn
CV • Google Scholar • Github • Twitter
I will join the Department of Computer Science and Technology at Nanjing University as an Assistant Researcher in Spring 2023, working with Tieniu Tan. I obtained Ph.D. degree at Intelligent Media Analysis Group (IMAG), Nanjing University of Science and Technology working with Prof. Jinhui Tang. During Jan. 2022 - Aug. 2022, I worked as a Research Intern (Part-time) at ByteDance with Song Bai. During Sep. 2021 - Dec. 2021, I worked as a Research Intern (Part-time) at Tencent with Yixiao Ge. During Dec. 2018 - Dec. 2019, I worked as a Research Intern at HUAWEI NOAH'S ARK LAB with Lingxi Xie and Prof. Qi Tian (IEEE Fellow). I am working closely with Mike Shou and Xiangbo Shu. My research mainly focus on Complex Human Behavior Understanding and Video-Language Understanding.
- 2022.11: One papers is accepted by AAAI 2023.
- 2022.09: One papers is accepted by NeurIPS 2022.
- 2022.07: One papers is accepted by ACM MM 2022.
- 2022.06: Our team achieves the First Place Award in Object State Change Classification Track, the Second Place Award in Natural Language Queries for Episodic Memory Track, and the Third Place Award in PNR Temporal Localization Track of EGO4D Challenge (CVPR 2022).
- 2022.06: Our team achieves the First Place Award in Multi-Instance Action Retrieval Track of EPIC-Kitchens Dataset Challenges (CVPR 2022).
- 2022.03: Two papers are accepted by CVPR 2022.
- 2022.01: One paper is accepted by TCSVT.
- 2021.12: I give a talk about Video-Language Pre-training at PCG, Tencent.
- 2021.08: I will work with Prof. Mike Shou at Show Lab, National University of Singapore.
- 2020.05.19: One paper is accepted by TNNLS.1i>
- 2020.12.08: One paper is accepted by ACM MM Asia 2020.1i>
- 2020.10.20: One paper is accepted by T-PAMI.1i>
- 2020.07.03: One paper is accepted by ECCV 2020.
- 2020.05: Selected as the Outstanding PhD of NJUST.
- 2019.05: I give a talk about GAR at the Noah's Ark Lab, Huawei Inc.
Kevin Qinghong Lin, Alex Jinpeng Wang, Mattia Soldan, Michael Wray, Rui Yan, Eric Zhongcong Xu, Difei Gao, Rongcheng Tu, Wenzhe Zhao, Weijie Kong, Chengfei Cai, Hongfa Wang, Dima Damen, Bernard Ghanem, Wei Liu, Mike Zheng Shou
NeurIPS 2022 (Spotlight)
Xiangbo Shu, Jiawen Yang, Rui Yan (Corresponding Author), and Yan Song
Jinhui Tang, Xiangbo Shu, Rui Yan, and Liyan Zhang
- The Outstanding PhD of Nanjing University of Science and Technology 2020
- ACM Multimedia Student Travel Grant 2018
- The First Prize Scholarship of Nanjing University of Science and Technology 2017, 2018
- Excellent Undergraduate Thesis of Jiangsu Province 2018
- Top Ten Outstanding Youth of Nanjing Forestry University 2017
- The Second prize of National University Students Computer Design Competition 2016
- The National Encouragement Scholarship 2014, 2015, 2016
- Merit Student of Nanjing Forestry University 2014, 2015, 2016
- TPC for IEEE MIPR 2020 and BigMM 2021.
- Reviewer for CVPR/ICCV/ECCV/AAAI/IJCAI, TIP/TNNLS/TCSVT/PR/Neurocomputing/Information Sciences.